Home
 Best Products
 Herbal Supplements
 Health Supplements
 Vitamins
 Minerals
   Calcium
  Coral Calcium
  Chromium
   Magnesium
  Potassium
  Selenium
  Strontium
  Zinc
  Trace Mineral
  Magnesium Citrate
  Potassium Deficiency
  High Potassium Foods
  Low Potassium
 Amino Acids
 Health Conditions
 Pet Vitamins
 Antioxidants
 Omega 3 Fish Oil
 Green Tea
 Other Resources
 Legal Disclaimer
 Privacy
 
 
 

 

Calcium

 

Overview

99% of the calcium in the human body is in the teeth and bones – but the other 1% plays a vital role in the absorption of other essential nutrients in your diet. Calcium is needed by your heart, nerves, muscles and digestive systems. In order to work properly, it must also have Vitamin A, C, D and K, and magnesium and phosphorus. 

While food is an important source of dietary calcium, the National Institutes of Health estimate that Americans consume less than half the amount of calcium needed for healthy bones and bodies in their regular diet. In addition, caffeine can deplete the supply of calcium in the body, as can a diet high in protein. To meet the daily requirements of the body for calcium, most medical professionals recommend the use of a high quality calcium supplement.

 What Calcium Does:

Calcium is the major component in teeth and bones. It is necessary for the formation of healthy bones, teeth, hair and nails. Calcium also plays a vital role in the neurological system. Calcium supplements seem to help regulate mood swings in women who have premenstrual symptoms, and to help regulate blood pressure with regular use.  

Symptoms of Calcium Deficiency:

When the body doesn’t get enough calcium, you may experience muscle spasm or cramping, hair loss (alopecia), dry and misshapen nails, dry skin, numbness, tingling, or burning sensation around the mouth and fingers, nausea and vomiting, headaches, yeast infections (candidasis), anxiety, convulsions/seizures, and poor tooth and bone development.

 Health Benefits of Calcium:

  • Prevents bone loss due to osteoporosis

  • Helps relieve symptoms associated with Premenstrual Syndrome

  • Helps lower high blood pressure

  • May significantly lower the risk of preeclampsia in pregnant women

  • Preliminary studies suggest that calcium supplements may help lower cholesterol levels

  • Studies strongly suggest that supplemental calcium can help prevent colon cancer

  • 1000 mg of calcium daily can contribute substantially to weight loss in obese patients

  • Calcium slows tooth loss in the elderly and may prevent gingivitis in the young

  • Anecdotal evidence suggests that calcium helps relieve insomnia

Possible Side Effects of Calcium

The most commonly reported side effects of calcium are stomach upset and constipation. Excessively high levels of calcium in the blood may induce symptoms that include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, increased urination, kidney toxicity, irregular heart rhythm and confusion. These are as likely to arise from conditions in which the body makes too much calcium as from too high an intake of dietary calcium in supplement or food form.

Summary

Because the typical American diet doesn’t include enough calcium, most health professionals recommend a daily supplement with calcium to help fill in the holes. Xtend-Life's natural products offers Bone-Support, a synergistically balanced formula that provides a full spectrum of red and green phytonutrients PLUS 1500 mgs of high quality Okinawan coral calcium in every daily dose. The phytonutrients include amino acids found in red and green vegetables as well as vitamins and nutrients to increase the bioavailability of the calcium to your body. Bone-Support was formulated specifically for women who want a high quality calcium supplement, and is meant to bolster Xtend-Life's Total Balance health supplement rather than replace it.

 

 

Home | Best Products | Herbal Supplement | Health Supplement | Vitamin |  Mineral | Amino Acid | Health Condition

Pet Vitamin | Antioxidant | Omega 3 Fish Oil | Green Tea | CO Q10 | Milk Thistle | Niacin | Magnesium | Vitamin B12 | Vitamin C

  Vitamin E | Folic Acid | Calcium | Articles | Article | Site | Cholesterol| Macular Degeneration | Psoriasis | Depression | Stress

Prostrate | Fatigue | Fish Oil Supplement | Green Tea Extract | Other Resources | Health And Wellness | Legal Disclaimer| Privacy  
 

 Copyright © 2015 NutritionalSupplementsCenter.com All Rights Reserved.